Det verkar som att du använder Internet Explorer.
Tyvärr har Internet Explorer inte fått några riktiga uppdateringar sedan 2015, då Microsoft introducerade sin nya webbläsare Edge. Som ett resultat har inte Explorer stöd för moderna webbtekniker, vilket resulterar i att moderna webbsidor (som denna) inte visas ordentligt.
Länkarna nedan hjälper dig installera en ny webbläsare, ifall du inte redan har en.
It seems like you are using Internet Explorer.
Unfortunately, Internet Explorer has not received any real attention since 2015, when Microsoft introduced their new web browser Edge. As a result, Internet Explorer does not support modern web technologies, which means that modern websites (such as this one) will not display as intended.
The links below will help you install a new web browser, if you do not already have one installed.
To facilitate investors with their analyzes of our sustainability opportunities and risks, we have listed the most common ESG questions we receive, based on among others Carnegie's and Spiltan's questionnaire to issuers. We will update the Q&A regularly as we receive more questions linked to ESG, so please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions, see contact information below.
Is Sdiptech planning for any climate-related investments?
Our business model is based on acquiring companies that contribute to more sustainable, efficient and safe societies. Our responsibility as owners is to develop these great companies so that their products and services can reach more customers and markets. Climate-related investments, both acquisitions and business development, are thus the core of our business. In connection with accelerating our sustainability work in 2020, we have also established a sustainability council and a responsible person who will work with how we as a group can become even more sustainable. We look forward to identify what our stakeholders believe we should focus more on, in order to be able to set goals and work towards them.
What are Sdiptech's main climate-related opportunities?
As consumer behaviors are changing, politicians adapt with updated laws and regulations. These are implemented in our infrastructure, which creates a constant flow of technical improvements that are developed for our infrastructure. Since all of our companies contribute to more sustainable, efficient and safe societies, we believe that we are at the forefront and have an advantage in the transition to more sustainable societies.
What are Sdiptech's main risks when it comes to climate change?
We have identified two risks for our operations linked to climate change:
1) Our business unit Hilltip Ab Oy is a leading supplier of road maintenance gear adapted for pickups and smaller trucks and tractors. They manufacture equipment for road and field maintenance for all seasons, but mainly snowplows and salt spreaders. There is a growing problem with weather changes during the winter months in Europe, which increases the need for anti-slip measures for smaller roads, cycle paths and sidewalks. Even though a warmer climate reduces the need to plow snow, it contributes to more slipperiness and thus a greater need for equipment that can handle slippery surfaces. But if climate change were to result in significantly higher average temperatures without any minus degrees during the winter months, the general need for de-icing would also decrease.
2) Our business unit Storadio Areo Ab is a leading supplier of high-frequency communication intended for operational control of commercial aviation. Storadio is not significantly affected by the fact that people fly less, as the airlines need their service regardless of the frequency of flights. But if climate change results in behavioral changes which contribute to much fewer commercial flights, it could result in airlines – which are Storadio's customers – going bankrupt.
Is Sdiptech's business based on any asset or resource of which there is a shortage of?
On the contrary, several of Sdiptech's operations work with offers that can help more people manage important assets and resources, such as water and energy, through various water treatment products and energy optimization solutions.
What transition-related risks does Sdiptech see with a carbon-neutral society?
Sdiptech has no operations where a carbon-neutral society could entail any transition-related risks. On the opposite, we rather see opportunities with the shift as the companies we own in many cases already are at the forefront in terms of sustainability. In addition, we believe that the transition towards more sustainable societies will result in more exciting new companies with new technologies within our area, in which we can invest in.
Has Sdiptech historically had problems with work environment accidents?
Safety is deeply integrated into Sdiptech's core business, where several of our companies contribute to protecting employees and promoting a safe and secure work environment. Some examples of Sdiptech's business units that in various ways contribute to creating safer work environments are:
• Alerter Group works with fire alarms for the hearing impaired and deaf.
• Optyma Security Solutions sells security systems to, among others, hospitals and railway stations.
• Multitech Site Services sets up security stations at construction sites.
• Medicvent's technology improves the working environment in hospitals by maximizing the uptake of unhealthy leaking gases.
• Tello Service Partner offers security solutions for roofs and buildings.
We try to live as we learn where safety for Sdiptech's employees comes first. We have a couple of business areas where employees work in exposed environments, such as roof renovation, elevator operations and water purification. At these business units, there are clear safety routines regarding how employees should protect themselves and stay safe.
Does Sdiptechs engage in any community involvement, in addition to those that are directly linked to the business?
• We have joined the think tank Global Utmaning, an independent organization that works for socially, economically and climatically sustainable development. We will primarily be involved in the organization's Sustainable Cities program, which focuses on the cities' increasingly important role as a driving force towards a globally sustainable development. #Urbangirlsmovement is one of several important initiatives within the program, with the aim of prioritizing young women's needs in urban development and thereby be able to create more inclusive and sustainable cities.
• For the last two years, we have been supporting Aktiv Skola, an organization that works preventively with information about grooming. An important work that we support to create safety in the society from an early age.
• In March this year, the Croatian capital Zagreb and its citizens were hit by the strongest earthquake in the country in 140 years. In connection with this, the Croatian government started the campaign "Together for Zagreb" where companies and individuals we able to contribute with money to help and alleviate the consequences caused by the earthquake. As one of our business units is stationed in Zagreb, it was a matter of course for us to support the initiative with donations.
• In addition, several of our business units are involved in local community involvement to support the societies in which they operate.
How does Sdiptech work with circular economy – in what way is purchases and wasted handled?
We recycle the products that are consumed as far as we can. But since most of our business units are service- and installation-based and the products we sell are rarely consumables, we work relatively little with recycling and circular economy.
Does Sdiptech have goals, policies or a code of conduct for suppliers?
We aim to carry out a supplier evaluation in 2021. However, as a minimum requirement, we expect customers and suppliers to have knowledge of and comply with current legislation.
Does Sdiptech have an external whistleblower function?
Yes, see here.
Are there any ongoing or historical incidents regarding corruption, cartels or other unethical business activities? What preventive measures are taken?
No, there have been no such incidents. We have an Anti-Corruption Policy, see here.
Where does Sdiptech pay tax?
We pay tax in the countries where our business units operate, i.e. Sweden, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, Austria and Croatia.
Are there independent members of the board?
Does Sdiptech conduct any related party transactions?
We have a related party transaction that relates to the lease of premises against S Fund 1 AB, whose main owner is a board member of Sdiptech AB.
Is compensation to the CEO and the management team in line with the rest of the industry?
Yes, benchmark analyzes have been carried out.
What is the gender composition at all levels?
At present, the gender distribution looks like below. However, our goal is to have an even gender distribution in the board, management and in leading positions between 2025-2030.
Board of Directors:
• Status 2020: 33/67 women/men
• Goal 2025: Achieve a gender distribution of 40/60, which means at least 40 percent of the underrepresented gender
• Status: 0/100 women/men
• Goal 2030: Achieve a gender distribution of 40/60, which means at least 40 percent of the underrepresented gender
• Status 2020: 32/68 women/men
• Goal 2030: Achieve a gender distribution of 40/60, which means at least 40 percent of the underrepresented gender
Is the sustainability manager in the management team? If not, who is reporting to?
Sdiptech's sustainability manager reports to the company's CFO. However, we have a sustainability council where three of the five participants are in the management team (CEO, CFO and Business Area Manager Water & Energy).
What policies and codes does Sdiptech have?
• Code of Conduct (including Gender Equality Policy, Whistleblowing & Anti-Corruption Policy): See here.
• Sustainability policy
• Investment policy for sustainable companies
• Corporate Governance policy
• Risk Management policy
• HR policy
• Information security policy
• Insider policy
What are Sdiptech's main contributions to the UN Sustainability Goals (SDGs)?
Infrastructure has an evident role in several of the UN's sustainability goals and is a unifying issue across political boundaries. Sdiptech's operations contribute to 10 of the 17 global goals and several of the targets, here are some examples of this.
Is Sdiptech involved in the production of controversial goods or services, such as coal, weapons, alcohol, tobacco or pornography?
No, Sdiptech only invests in companies that contribute to creating more sustainable, efficient and safe societies. We have a clear acquisition strategy with sustainability criteria that every company we invest in goes through. See more information in Sdiptech's handbook for responsible investments that will be available on the website shortly.
What is the biggest sustainability-related challenges in your industry?
• Increase the number of women in an otherwise male-dominated entrepreneurial technology industry. We offer equal opportunities for employment for all and we work to counteract any form of discrimination in the workplace or in the treatment of employees when it comes to wage setting and career development. However, it is a challenge for the technology industry in general to attract more women and create a more even gender composition, especially in the entrepreneur-led technology companies that we acquire.
We want everyone to feel welcome and we want to contribute to more women becoming interested in technology and community building at an early age. One way for us to do that is by supporting the organization Global utmaning. Among other things, they work with the initiative #Urbangirlsmovement, which aims to prioritize young women's views on urban development so that cities become inclusive and sustainable. In order for us to be able to find new target groups and diversify our candidates for recruitment, we also work for more diversity and a more even gender distribution by:
• Map the current situation and set ambitious diversity and gender equality goals.
• Review and analyze our external communication, including our recruitment material, to create a more inclusive visual and written tonality.
• Broaden our networks and open recruitment processes through new channels and ways to screen candidates.
• Ongoing review our forms of employment from a perspective that can attract more women, such as parental pay, flexible working hours, work remote and no qualifying period.
• Include both women and men in the recruitment group.
• Sustainability is an integral part of our business and we have many fine operations within the Group that in various ways offer products and services that contribute to increasing both the environmental, as well as the social and economic sustainability. However, there are still major challenges in measuring and quantifying the actual effect on all parameters at all levels of the value chain. The risk is to miss how a measure, which for example can have a positive impact on the environment, instead has a negative impact on social sustainability. It is therefore important not to burden one sustainability aspect while solving another. This also complicates the process of setting realistic and relevant goals. We look forward to exploring if the Taxonomy can be a useful tool and bring clarify to this further ahead. In the meantime, we are working to verify all parameters from Nasdaq's ESG reporting for all our 34 business units within the Sdiptech Group. This way, we can get a better view on what we can improve.
Where is your company in relation to industry colleagues when it comes to sustainability work?
We have a firm belief that sustainable innovations drive long-term profitability and growth, which is exactly what we are looking for in the companies we acquire. We have a clear investment focus on products and services that contribute to more sustainable, efficient and safe societies, as we believe that it minimizes risk and creates opportunities to long-term growth. From that perspective, we consider ourselves to be at the forefront of the area. As a growing company, we are now focusing on identifying risks and measuring ourselves and our 34 business units in six different countries on all ESG parameters and sustainability aspects. But also setting goals for the future and identifying which sustainability areas our stakeholders think is most important for us to focus on further ahead.
Has Sdiptech signed the UN Global Compact or Science Based Targets?
No, not at present, but we follow all the ten principles of the UN Global Compact.
Does Sdiptech report to CDP or other relevant initiatives in sustainability issues?
For more information, contact:
My Lundberg, Sustainability & IR Manager
Phone: +46 703 61 18 10